The iSystem Scholarship – $1,000
For high school & college students often times student loans are not enough to support the student during their education. For this reason, Emergency Information Systems is helping to lighten the load carried by so many students. While we are a Nonprofit company focused on saving lives and improving emergency medical care through the isystem, we too are focused on supporting the progress of our nation’s students.
With this in mind, Emergency Information Systems is proud to offer the “iSystem Scholarship” which will be awarded quarterly through 2018. Students nationwide are encouraged to apply.
No Fee to Apply!
- All applicants that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or maintain a permanent residency in the United States.
- Applicants cannot have earned more than $35,000 in the year 2015.
- Applicants must have an active email address.
- Applicants must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student (part-time or full-time).
Topics to Choose From
All applicants must complete an original, high-quality essay about one of the following topics:
- If you’ve ever lost a loved one to an accident or illness, how did you cope with it ?
- What was the worst accident you’ve ever been in and how did you handle recovery?
- What was the best lesson taught to you by a parent and why do you consider it a great lesson?
Essays must be 100% authentic and must be written in your own words. It should be submitted in the form of a PDF or Microsoft Word document ( i.e. PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX) and typewritten.
Before submission, please review the submission guidelines and follow them exactly.
- Complete your essay or video. Videos must be at least 3 minutes in length.
- Submit your essay or video via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your high school or college GPA.
- Type “Scholarship Submission” as your subject line.
- Your submission must include your full name, your essay or video (applicants can provide us with the URL to where the video is housed or include the video file), your age, and mailing address.
- During the week following each deadline, monitor your email account. If your submission is selected as the winner you will be notified via email.
The scholarship is offered quarterly. Therefore, there are 4 opportunities to apply per year with deadlines each quarter as shown below.
- September 1st – November 30th
- December 1st – February 28th
- March 1 – May 31st
- June 1 – August 31st
Winner Selection Week
The winner of the quarterly scholarship will be chosen one week after the deadline date. The winner will be notified via email and will receive a check via United States Postal service. Winners will be provided a tracking number to track delivery of the award funds.
Expedited Application Review (Optional)
On average we receive 900-1,200 applications per quarter. As indicated above, winners are selected during the week following each deadline. Those who opt for expedited review have their applications reviewed first during selection week. All applicants who opt for an expedited review will have their application reviewed prior to a winner being selected. This option gaurantees we review your application before selecting a winner. Once a winner is selected each quarter, we do not continue reviewing applications. To ensure we review your application during the quarter you apply, you may submit $10 via PayPal to guarantee review of your application before a winner is selected. To be clear, this is not an application fee. This option gaurantees we review your application before selecting a winner. Applicants can apply at no cost.
Commonly Asked Questions and Answers
Can I apply more than once?
No. Each applicant can only apply once.
Do I have to have a high GPA?
No. Having an impressive GPA helps however no particular GPA is required.
Is there a minimum GPA requirement?
While there is no minimum GPA requirements, a GPA of 2.75 or higher is strongly recommended.
How can I check on my application?
Once your submission is received, simply wait until the winner is announced. Hopefully It’s you!
What if I do not use email?
Please set up a free email account in order to abide with the requirements outlined.
Can I apply even if I do not have a strong financial need?
While we encourage every student to take advantage of programs to assist them in their education, this scholarship is designed to help students that need financial help.
Can I re-submit my essay?
No. Only 1 submission per quarter per applicant is accepted.